Friday, August 31, 2012

USA Pro Cycling Challenge (Dowd I Did It!)


USA Pro Cycling Challenge in Breckenridge on last Friday.


I have included a few photos as the group comes up the first switchback on Hoosier Pass, as they come head on and of Cadel Evans, 2011 Tour De France winner and the Yellow Jersey pushing past us. Lastly Don Thomas and me.  Don is a local of Summit County (Almost as good a photo as the one Dowd posted of me).
The race started out of Breckenridge at 9,600' elevation and climbed over Hoosier Pass 11,542.  The climb starts in earnest just past Blue River and the bulk of the climb takes place in around 3 miles (approx 1,800 feet of gain in 3 miles).

As one sign said "Hoosier Your Daddy?" (The answer is "Hurst". He would have kicked all their tails!)
Come join me next year! Lodging is free!








  

1 comment:

  1. Looked like fun Alan. Wish I could have gone. Perhaps next year?

    ReplyDelete